Re: [AD] DirectX sound driver detection bug?

Thursday, September 19, 2002, 09:32:13, Eric Botcazou wrote:

> I can't reproduce on my system with:

I can't reproduce on my system either (Windows XP with SB 64). Sorry, I forgot
to mention it wasn't my computer. Then again, I don't know how to configure my
sound card to use DXC/AXC. I presume his card using these are related to the
crash.

> Could you try to find where Allegro crashes with a debug version run from
> GDB ?

I've never used GDB. How would I do this?

> What happens if you comment you the lines between allegro_init() and the
> first allegro_message() ?

I'll ask him to try this, but if you could explain how to use GDB first (I
presume it's just a couple of commands?) I won't have to pester him too much.
:-)

--
Sincerely,
Daniel Schlyder