Re: [AD] grabber indexing patch

> As I suggested in the original thread, I think an entry in the menu would
> be a better approach:
> "Indeed. It seems you went a little too far. What about adding instead an
> 'options' entry to the main menu, which would contain the 4 on/off
> options formerly on the top right of the screen ? Both the grid and
> compression settings would stay visible, as would any future option that
> is not an on/off setting (thus making it unsuitable for inclusion in the
> menu)."
>
> What I meant by "reworking" your patch is to turn your box into a menu
> entry.

Ok, I have added a menu entry options, however, it seems that the menu
structure does not allow for on/off toggle items, as I thought it did. Or
am I missing something?
Not that this is really a big issue - it just requires me to provide a
unique callback function to each menu option to change the message string
to reflect the change (and maybe set some flag as well).
Going this way, what character should I pick to put in front of the string
when the item is selected? I'm inclined to use either x or *, but the
latter doesn't look good if the font happens to make it superscript
(though the default font doesn't do that).

On a side issue, with the recent change I made to the datedit API in mind
(long list of paramaters gobbled together in a struct), I'd prefer to
`centralize' the grabber options in the sense that I'd like to put the
options that go in the struct in a global struct variable.
Should I go on with this, assuming that the patch is OK, or wait until it
is actually applied?