Re[4]: [AD] Auto types (was: Improvements for the chm documentation version)

LW> But then, how do you  explain 'an historical moment' but 'a hitch'? Same
LW> sound. English has to be one of the most archaic languages out there...

Here's a quote from The Oxford Guide to the English Language:

"In words in which the first syllable is unstressed, use a, e.g. a historic
occasion, a hotel. The older usage was not to pronounce h and to write an,
but this is now almost obsolete."

In other words, whether to use a or an is also here determined by
pronounciation according to the rule I mentioned.

Sorry for the off-topic post. I'll re-lurk now. :)

--
Sincerely,
Daniel Schlyder