Re: [AD] Proposal for new magic main (2)

On 2002-04-25, Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > PS. USE_CONSOLE is bad naming, IMO.  Now we have Windows-isms too :-)
>
> Yes, but I think that's unavoidable: we need a way to compile command line
> utilities and Windows imposes this 'console' wording.

Ok.

> We could add another symbol in order for the user to explicitly turn off the
> magic main, like NO_MAGIC_MAIN

Yes, it makes more sense under non-Windows, if not for Windows too.

> (symbols starting with ALLEGRO_ are defined by Allegro itself under
> the current policy).

Guess who didn't know that and broke it already ;-)

But I'm confused: the [cvs] manual says the user can #define
ALLEGRO_NO_MAGIC_MAIN for the Windows port.  I think we should just
extend that for other ports.  It also looks like
ALLEGRO_NO_CLEAR_BITMAP_ALIAS and ALLEGRO_NO_FIX_ALIASES, which do
similar tasks (i.e. get out of my way).