Re: [AD] Proposal for new magic main (2)

> So you think argc, argv should be implicit in the `allegro_init' macro?

No, I think END_OF_MAIN() already is pretty ugly, so let's try not to add
another level of ugliness in order to write portable Allegro code.

However, after a few days of vacation ;-), I came to the following
conclusion: modifying minor things related to the API is ok for 4.2,
breaking allegro_init() is probably not.

Here are the various paths we can take (from the most conservative one to
the most ground-breaking one):
- no Darwin/MacOS X support,
- disabling USE_CONSOLE for Darwin/MacOS X (magic main mandatory),
- disabling USE_CONSOLE for all Unix ports (magic main mandatory),
- implementing new magic main proposal #1 (breaks programs using 'main' for
any other purposes than the program entry point),
- implementing new magic main proposal #2 (breaks source compatibility).

However (2), I also realized that this problem would vanish if the
Apple-customized GNU toolchain supported weak symbols: just '#pragma weak
main' in src/unix/umain.c would do the trick. Therefore I'm going to enter
another round of discussion with Jeremiah Blanchard.

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx