Re: [AD] [XWIN] SHM bug.

On 2002-03-03, Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > It's probably my "fix" for the race condition near XCloseDisplay. If
> > you put even a ``usleep(1000);'' before the end, it goes away.  I'll
> > see about looking again soon (hopefully before the deadline).

I had a look last night but didn't find the problem.  Now I don't
think its in the closing of the display.  Anyway, this problem
appears with 4.0.0 as well, we *could* put it off once more...

(BTW, the usleep above is a load of crap)

> Damn ! I didn't catch it for the 4.0.1-beta1 release.
> However, it seems I can't reproduce it at all on my system...

It randomly appears.  Even something as simple as the following will
show it.

#include <allegro.h>

int main (void)
{
    allegro_init ();
    set_gfx_mode (GFX_AUTODETECT_WINDOWED, 320, 200, 0, 0);
    return 0;
}

END_OF_MAIN ();

Some brute force required: