Re: [AD] cosmetic diffs

On mié, mar 06, 2002 at 01:46:55 +0100, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> > Some little things (I found it in the home of my brother,
> > when I was making a tiny-port of Allegro to Turbo C).
>
> Commited. How far did you go in the porting effort ?

Well, when I said "tiny-port", really I could say "just nothing".
I didn't go too far because I had a memory error which stop me
completelly:

  allegro_init():
    sets the 13h mode and creates the `screen' BITMAP
    with an `unsigned char far *' pointer to MK_FP(0xA0000, 0).

  allegro_exit():
    backs to the 3h text mode and removes the `screen' struct

  create_bitmap(w, h):
    creates a 8 bpp memory bitmap

  destroy_bitmap(bmp):
    removes a memory bitmap

  set_palette(pal):
    changes the system palette

  bmp = load_pcx(file, pal):
    loads a bitmap from PCX

  save_pcx(file, bmp, pal):
    saves a bitmap to a PCX

Well, the error is when I load a PCX of 320x200, this looks like
the system can't handle files if it hasn't a little of memory,
and the maximum dynamic memory which I can allocate in real mode
is 64k (well, at least that I think). The 320x200 bitmap steal
me 62k, so with this I am dead.

After that error, I was very angry, so I didn't continue X-)
--
David A. Capello
dacap@xxxxxxxxxx