Re: R: R: R: [AD] Allegro 5 new config routines, alpha 1

> > How would this work in a multi-windowed environment?
>
> I still wonder how usefull it is to have 2 windows... when if you are
> doing multimonitor the OS (if its a good OS) will merge the 2 monitors
> for you,

Ah, but many of us run Windows. The multiscreen here is highly dependent on
the drivers etc.
Merging 2 screens into a desktop means that neither can be used in
full-screen mode without the other one blanking.  Maybe this is the fault of
the OS or drivers, but it is stilll a nuisance.
Ideally I would have one screen used by Windows, and another which runs
Allegro graphics.  This would mean, in effect, that each screen requires
it's own GFX_MODE.  In this example the Windows screen would be DIRECTX and
the second one would be MODEX or VESA or VBEAF

> and if any one starts to argue DOS, allegro can do the work
> behind the scene because it has direct access to everything in DOS.

It's true, but I run DOS under Windows mostly too.