Re: [AD] Proposal for an input model

>I'm aware I'm a little too Windows oriented ;-) but the big advantage of
>having an internal asynchronous framework is that input drivers can provide
>private hooks so that the input thread can *block* and not poll (that's
>precisely the case with DirectInput).

Right. If somebody is going to use threads to implement asynchronous
callbacks, then they need some way to properly block when there is no
input available.

So how about we provide blocking versions of the keypress functions?
This way, coders will need to create their own thread, but once that is
done, everything is nice and simple. And it's so flexible compared to
callbacks / current system; they can do virtually *anything* if they
write the thread function.

Bye for now,
--
Laurence Withers, lwithers@xxxxxxxxxx