Re: [AD] Proposal for an input model

> It might be possible, if blocked thread does not block while accessing
> Display handle which is used in other threads, i.e. it should allow
> other threads to access their Display handles (if these handles are
> different from that of input thread) and allow them to work as usual.

I've tested a blocking X event thread, with XNextEvent(), running in the
background, sharing the Display object with the primary thread: the problem
you're pointing out exists, namely drawing operations performed by the
primary thread may be blocked when the background thread blocks on
XNextEvent(). Moving the mouse or pressing a key let them complete.

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx