Re: [AD] Leveraging the OS' window management

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 01:06:07PM -0000, Vincent Penquerc'h wrote:
>> But there still this the input problem. To run dialogs in
>> different windows
>> you need to know from which window the input is coming. We could
>
>I do not see major problems with this.
>There is similar code to deal with input focus among widgets
>in a dialog. This could possibly (I haven't actually thought
>of it) be extended, and a window would be a special kind of
>widget.
>BTW, another annoyance of the dialog manager is the lack of
>structure. A tree would be nice, and would open grounds for
>this kind of window management.
I don't think al_create_window() would be a part of the gui subsystem,
as it would return a BITMAP *, and it's up to the user to put a dialog
inside that or something completely different, so I don't think
extending the dialog manager is the way to solve this problem.

--

Martijn Versteegh