Re: [AD] Proposal to drop DOS port from Allegro 4

>Yeah, I said the same about Win 3.1, and then suddenly, you couldn't even get
>new hardware to work on that platform, it's not suppoted (Even implicitly) by
>ISPs, no apps work on it, etc.
>In a way, I was "forced" to move up to Win95. (Linux wasn't an option at the
>time).

I hear what you're saying, but OTOH win3/win95 was a jump in
architecture as well as version number (16 bit to 32 bit). Win98 will
hopefully stay functional for several years to come (by which time,
hopefully games will be coming out on other platforms I have access to).

BTW, when I voted, there were definitely more people for keeping DOS
than against :-)

Bye for now,
--
Laurence Withers, lwithers@xxxxxxxxxx