Re: [AD] gfxtest locks up with 4.0.0 + watcom

>Something very strange must be going on: I can't reproduce it any more
>with gfxinfo, but I can with gfx_mode_select(). I get it with both vbeaf
>1.1 and with 1.2, and in the latter case I'm sure I'm using S3. I now
>get a nice error message with gfxinfo:

Sven, which version of Allegro are you using? We had a problem with the
mode selector which sounded exactly like this, but a patch was posted.
Although I can't remember the exact details, it was something to do with
free()ing the default mode list array by accident.

To debug the problem, I inserted lots of fprintf() calls into the code,
and eventually traced it to free() being called with the address of that
array.

Bye for now,
--
Laurence Withers, lwithers@xxxxxxxxxx