Re: [AD] Proposed changes for Allegro 5 (6?)

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 01:15:30AM +0100, Javier González wrote:
> > Seriously though, who still uses a pure DOS system today? If you use
> > Windows, why not use Mingw and make Windows programs? (then port them to
> > Linux ;)

Dropping support for a specific OS should not be taken as a democratic vote, where
the majority wins, or we would have only a windows version of Allegro due to the
monopoly of Mr Gates.

> I must agree with this... either if we want or not DOS will be totally dead
> in say from 6 months to 1 year max

People have been saying that since windows 95. Why don't we do the
following: instead of trying to foresee the future, let's agree that
DOS will be dropped whenever djgpp is not longer maintained. We can talk
again about this subject whenever that happens.

> Btw, about the name, packfiles... could we name it something like
> AllegroFiles or AllegroBuffers?...

Allegro should not fall to the devil side (ahack explains this).

--
 Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz   gradha@xxxxxxxxxx   http://gradha.infierno.org/