[AD] Allegro 3.12, gcc 3.x and C++

Hi All!

  I know Allegro 3.12 is really old, but is the last release labeled as
stable and I think it deserves some attention.
  Some days ago while compiling my editor with gcc 3.0.1 I used Allegro 3.12

(compiled with gcc 2.8.1). It worked but I had a problem with the allegro.h
that I was forced to fix: The xor_mode prototype uses "xor" as the name of
the argument. It looks like "xor" is a reserved word in ISO C++ 1998
standard
and is expanded to ^, so the code looks to gcc like it:

void xor_mode(int ^);

which is obviously wrong code ;-)

  I got Allegro 3.12 compiled with gcc 3.0.1 attached are patches for it.
  This patch solves:

* xor thing.
* indirect calls without *
* macros that have multiple asm lines without ; as separator, it doesn't
work and breaks all the assembler code.
* lack of #include <string.h>, gcc didn't report it when using built-in
functions, like strlen()
* deprecated use of -m486, now -mcpu=i486 is used.
* deprecated use of multi-line strings (used in inline assembler)
* deprecated jump to the end of a compound

Waiting for opinions, SET

--
Salvador Eduardo Tropea (SET). (Electronics Engineer)
Visit my home page: http://welcome.to/SetSoft or