Re: [AD] X keyboard idea

salvador wrote:

> Hi All!
>
>   To solve the problems that I informed here with the keyboard I proppose to
> add a configuration variable to allegro.cfg so we can ask Allegro to report
> the keys as X usually does, not breaking compose sequences.
>   This should be optional and the time will say if that's better or worst.
>   I can do the patches and test but I need to know what exactly is needed to
> stop Allegro from breaking the accent keys. I tried to find where is this
> configured but couldn't find it. What line of code does it?

Replying to myself ;-)

I found the problem, Allegro is using the old methode to handle keyboard input.
It looks like R5 added some internationalization extensions. I'm working in a
small example that setups the locale correctly and calls the right function
(XmbLookupString for example). One nice (and interesting) thing is that R5
specifies Xutf8LookupString, with it we can report Unicode keys without any
extra work, X will do all the work.

SET

--
Salvador Eduardo Tropea (SET). (Electronics Engineer)
Visit my home page: http://welcome.to/SetSoft or