Re: [AD] This is a call for translators' preparation

Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:

[snip]

As for browsers, Explorer (5.x I think) seems to support very well utf-8
pages, so windows users are covered (in the case you don't have the fonts
installed you will be prompted to download them, which was quite a nice
surprise).

You need to have administritive privileges to get the new font, and you may need a reboot. Also note that IE 4 users are left in the dark (yes, some people don't upgrade anything).

Mozilla seems to work out of the box without problem, as I can
view here locally the korean version I've been recently sent.

Do you need a special font? Here I just see garbage (wierd characters) with a few english works in between. Same for Opera 5.12. Getting the language file for Opera didn't help - it just reconfigures the interface to use the charset. I think I need to geta special set of fonts though. Any idea where to get those?

Frédéric told me Netscape 4.x seems to have problems with utf-8. I
personally feel tempted to say that's an old an unsupported browser, but
I guess it still has a big audience (somewhere...).

NS4 is the only browser used in some labs at our Uni.

--
- Robert J Ohannessian
"Microsoft code is probably O(n^20)" (my CS prof)