Re: [AD] This is a call for translators' preparation

> Hi.
>
> I am using this list to communicate that shortly my plan is to switch
> all the Allegro web pages to utf-8, which was the original setting anyway.
> The current state is that the pages are written in iso-8859-1. However,
> shortly we will have polish and korean pages translations, and no iso
> charset can cover all the possible combinations.

utf-8 is part of ISO/IEC 10646  :o) no worries there.
Unicode and ISO 10646-1 are only different in political terms, they actually
track changes in each other.

The first 64K chars are fairly well defined and include most modern
languages including Chinese Japanese and Korean (CJK)

I thought the decision to make utf-8 the standard encoding for Allegro had
already been taken ages ago.

Matt