Re: [AD] official beta (Re namespace again)

Martijn Versteegh wrote:

I completely don't see the problem with releasing what we have now as 4.0,
and releasing a prefixed 5.0 a week later. If the prefixing turns out to be
simple, fine, 4.0 will turn to dust all by itself. If not you still have the 4.0 to
fall back on. while if we only have a prefixed 4.0 we cannot go back anymore.

But we aren't talking about recoding your projects. We are saying that the header allegro.h will have the non-prefixed API, but if the user wants the prefixes they will use allegro4.h. Meaning the API changes will exist in Allegro 4 but if you still use allegro.h as the 3.12 programs use YOU WILL SEE NO CHANGES. I can see the issue were this header not to exist, but the allegro4.h is completely optional to pick the new prefixed API...

Gillius