Re: [AD] official beta (Re namespace again)

From: "Gillius" <gillius@xxxxxxxxxx>

> One thing that might be better is if the old backwards header was
> <allegro.h> and the new header for the new API is <allegro4.h>.  Either
> ways, now is the time to make API changes not later.  The whole Allegro
> 5 thing is silly considering the small change we want to make
> (prefixing).

Excuse me?  Prefixing will break EVERY SINGLE Allegro function!  This is NOT
a small change!

If you must prefix, for God's sake, release what we have now as "official"
and let people take advatage of multi-platform without having to rewrite all
of their code from scratch!

We're a hair's breadth from releasing 4, and people want to start rewriting
the API?  This is ludicrous!

I think we should work on bugfixing what we have now, releasing it as 4.0,
and then those of you who want to break the API can have a field day while
those who do not use a ton of other libraries and don't care about the
namespace can enjoy the last couple of years of work without rewriting their
code!

Remember, there are a LOT of people still using 3.12 who would dearly like
to use what we already have, but have not officially labelled stable!  Give
these people a chance!

--Chris