prefixes & feature-freeze (was: Re: [AD] official beta)

Chris La Mantia <celamantia@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Excuse me?  Prefixing will break EVERY SINGLE Allegro function!
> This is NOT a small change!

indeed. which means it falls under the light feature-freeze restriction we
imposed on the CVS repository at the time WIP 3.9.39 was announced. there
seem to be a general agreement (between the main developers) not to prefix
allegro now and during the 4.0.x branch. this is something that will have to
wait to 5.0.0 or 4.2.0 (stable). which means work can first start on 4.1.0
(unstable).

note: allegro will use linux-kernel style version numbering from the 4.0.0
release and on.

Sincerely Henrik Stokseth.
"Our hardware runs better without Windows" - BMW advertisement.
E-mail: hstokset@xxxxxxxxxx  Homepage: http://hstokset.n3.net