Re: [AD] CPU info changes

Henrik Stokseth wrote:

[snip]

it might sound great, but say intel come up with sse 3, 4 and 5 and we've
only reserved two bits for sse.

I'm only using 8 bits until now. This means that Intel can release 24 new CPU cores before we run out of space. (ok, 12 if we also count AMD :)

We can add the flags as Allegro can use them. For example, if Intel comes out with SSE 3, and Allegro has some SSE 3 code, then it makes sense to add a new flag for it.

then we have a problem. it's also a problem
when the int can not hold more info and we have to reserve another integer
for holding extra flags. it isn't worth the few bytes we save IMHO.

Well, if ever we need more, we can always add a second one. Personally, I see gfx_capabilities overflowing much earilier than cpu_capabilities.

--
- Robert J Ohannessian
"Microsoft code is probably O(n^20)" (my CS prof)