Re: [AD] CPU info changes

> having a string to list processor information is ok. but getting rid of
> cpu_type, cpu_vedor etc. is something that should be avoided. besides
> breaking some programs it also makes it harder and slower to get this
info.
> parsing a string to fetch this info is just a bad idea IMO.
>
> your original proposal was adding a cpu-info string, and combining various
> information in an int, right?
>
> what about putting all info into a cpu struct like this?
>
> struct {
>   char *desc; /* string with cpu info */
>   int vendor_id;
>   int family, model;
>   int mmx, sse, 3dnow, cpu_id, fpu;
> } cpu;
>
> this gets rid of some exports.
> and perhaps you should also provide some macros for backwards
compatibility?

I disagree this struct.
We can use the actual variables cpu_family,cpu_model because family-model
are very important for test and log,
add cpu_name with only cpu_vendor -cpu_class - cpu_name information (like
Intel Pentim III or AMD Athlon (TB core) or AMD Athlon (model 4) )
and join all capabilities in one variable, this sounds great, then we define
some macros for backward compatibility cpu_see / cpu_mmx

mensaje enviado desde http://www.iespana.es
emails (pop)-paginas web (espacio ilimitado)-agenda-favoritos (bookmarks)-foros -Chat