Re: [AD] CPU info changes

Jose Antonio Luque <sask_allegro@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I disagree this struct.

fair enough, but you forgot to mention why. my main idea was to group the
cpu info and get rid of a few exports.

> We can use the actual variables cpu_family,cpu_model because family-model
> are very important for test and log,
> add cpu_name with only cpu_vendor -cpu_class - cpu_name information (like
> Intel Pentim III or AMD Athlon (TB core) or AMD Athlon (model 4) )

so basically you also think forced string parsing to fetch this info is a
bad idea.

> and join all capabilities in one variable, this sounds great,

it might sound great, but say intel come up with sse 3, 4 and 5 and we've
only reserved two bits for sse. then we have a problem. it's also a problem
when the int can not hold more info and we have to reserve another integer
for holding extra flags. it isn't worth the few bytes we save IMHO.

Sincerely Henrik Stokseth.
"Our hardware runs better without Windows" - BMW advertisement.
E-mail: hstokset@xxxxxxxxxx  Homepage: http://hstokset.n3.net