Re: [AD] About findfirst (2)

On Sun, Sep 16, 2001 at 12:56:16AM +0200, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> The field 'name' contains the stripped name of the file (without the path).
> I think 512 chars should be enough, even with UTF-8 strings.

:-) I've been following for some time HURD development mailing lists and the
biggest problem they have with porting programs is the use of fixed limits
in structs and such, because HURD itself doesn't impose any limit on
anything, so AFAIK you could have a 2387 long filename somewhere just for
the pleasure of crashing programs.

Of course this won't happen in the near future, but now we know we won't
port easily Allegro to the HURD. Maybe 'Grozilla will be able to run on
HURD, though...

> > PD: So what's the latest decission on keyboard mapping names? :)
>
> Maybe a little vote ? ;-)

FWIW I don't mind if keyboards use the name of the country, language, or
president of the USA, I will only vote to have it in the native language,
not in english.

And as for the other posts about having japanese characters or whatever,
yes, I think this is needed. However, since there are lot's of them, only
the required characters to display allegro standard messages should be
included, if the user wants full language support, (s)he should get a
proper unicode font, which is a great task itself.

--
 Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz   gradha@xxxxxxxxxx   http://gradha.infierno.org