Re: [AD] Color convertors

> In windows the application in the foreground can change the palette (there
> are some reserved entries though for displaying me bars, etc).

I think it's a bad practice to modify the palette on 8-bit desktops (that
reminds me of these old Sun Sparc stations where the colors of the desktop
got screwed up each time you launched an application).

> I think the easier would be to create a static palette with 3 bits for
> red, 3 for green and 2 for blue (for example), and then just truncate the
> colors (conversion from 565 to 332 in the case of 16->8). The colors will
> be awful though, but who use a 8 bit desktop????

I agree with you but, for the sake of completeness, we should support 8-bit
desktops though.

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx