[AD] Big BeOS changes

Hi developers

I've been away from the net for some days due to a problem on my local
network, and it seems like I've missed big discussions... Time to read the
posts =)
But first, I'd like to inform you all I've just applied a very big patch for
the BeOS port, which fixes the following things:

- fixed fullscreen display switching bug (but just SWITCH_AMNESIA is
supported at the moment)
- added a mutex between the sound thread and the timer thread, to avoid
possible synchronization problems
- reworked some thread priorities, now it should be better IMO
- windowed driver stability improved
- fullscreen palette updating is now threaded to avoid a bottleneck (many
games now work very smoothly in fullscreen due to this fix)
- system version number identification (os_version, os_revision)
- improved fullscreen line switchers with consequent performance boost
- cursor is now shown when displaying system message boxes
- many other small fixes I can't remember now =)

With this patch, *all* the Allegro shipped programs/examples/tools works
perfectly, as well as a couple of games I've tried (which didn't work with
the previous release).
What is missing (but not so important) is to convert the windowed driver to
use the unified color conversion routines; to do this though, these routines
first need to support conversions between *all* possible color combinations,
and also to support spans with widths not multiple of 8.

--
Angelo Mottola
a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx