Re: [AD] improvements on alpha blending...

Evert Glebbeek <eglebbk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That's good, because I think replacing divisions by shifts would break
> portability (Allegro is supposed to be portable to non-PC platforms,
right?)

No, shifts doesn't do anything with portability... *any* ISO (ANSI) C
compiler translates shifts into legal assembly code. in other words if you
compile C code containing shifts to a target platform where the processor
doesn't support bit-shifts, the resulting assembly code will contain a
division or multiplication instead of a shift.

-henrik