Re: [AD] masked_blit 106% faster !!

Peter Wang <tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Why test for it? Couldn't we remove the mmx test as well and tell people
> > use a faily new binutils? it just seems a little dumb to me to add tests
we
> > don't really need.
>
> Yes, I think this is increasingly becoming a good option.  Way back
> when, it was a good idea to have the test.  Nowadays it seems to
> cause more problems than it solves.

one thing i came to think of: the mingw packages hasn't been very well
wrapped-up since the original stable release, so if i update the readme to
recommend using the latest software, the user will have to move some files
to get things working.
i'll file a bugreport to the mingw-users mailinglist and see what happens.

-henrik