Re: [AD] namespace collision

How about. . . .

    "allegro.h"  has unprefixed functions  "liballeg.a" built unprefixed
    "allegro_.h"  has #defines    "liballe_.a"  has prefixes

    The source has the prefixes, and "liballeg.a" is built with a special
"alleg3.h" which has reverse prefixes #defined.

This means only a tiny change to programs to adapt when this namespace clash
occurs, and none when it doesn't.
I suspect that most people only keep the latest version of Allegro so I feel
priority
should always be given to existing user programs.

and then maybe . . .

     "alleg4.h"  has natural prefixed prototypes

If someone wants to use Allegro as a secondary library (giving namespace
priority to another library) the they can include <alleg4.h> and prefix all
their own allegro code

Good Plan??

Oh, and great question Hein ;) I was going to ask the same thing

Matt