Re: [AD] ouch! (reg. allegro beos port)

> i wasn't talking about just beos. the rsxntdj, watcom and the borland
> build is currently unmaintained and unless they are fixed up before
> allegro 4.0 they should be removed from the actual release. there's a
> big chance that rsxntdj and borland will still be there as both compilers
> are freely available.

I wouldn't say the Watcom build is "currently unmaintained": afaik WIP
3.9.35 compiled out of the box under Watcom 10.6 (same thing probably under
Watcom 11.0) thanks to Charles Wardlaw. WIPs 3.9.36 and 3.9.37 almost did
too (only one compilation problem, the fix is very simple, I'm just waiting
for Charles' answer). Moreover, the new OpenWatcom compiler might be soon
freely available too.

> i have to agree. i guess beos will still be around for some more time. i
> had more in mind separating out the mac port since large parts of it is
> not finished. perhaps in a few years when beos and dos are extinct the
> same will happen to those ports? or is that flame-bait? LOL.

Why not simply say "unfinished MacOS port" in the 4.0 release ?

---
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx