Re: [AD] de fourium pointium ohium

> First, try compiling on as many platforms as possible.  I compile
> under linux, mingw, djgpp (though I forgot this time), QNX and BeOS.
> (It's not fun.)
>
> Next, you have to update the docs/changes._tx and docs/thanks._tx
> files.  I do this by running the script I got from here:
>
>     http://www.red-bean.com/cvs2cl/
>
> and then sifting through the entries and rewriting the descriptions.
> Then I follow (roughly) what I wrote in here:
>
>     http://www.alphalink.com.au/~tjaden/dev/3934release.txt
>
> If everything works right the first time, feel lucky :-)
> Some advice: don't rush anything, or it'll take a lot longer.

I knew it was a lot of work to build a new WIP, but woah! Now I think I
understand how you feel ;-)
Maybe it would be better if we split the test compiling on different
platforms among many of us; for example, I could always test the Linux and
QNX ports, while you could test the DOS and BeOS ones, and a third man could
test the various Win32 versions... If we assume certain people always test
the same ports, things can be easier on the test issue.

The changelog updating issue looks boring but easy, as the steps in the
guide you provided. I may just have some little probs on step 8 as I never
managed a Sourceforge project before...

--
Angelo Mottola
a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx