Re: [AD] de fourium pointium ohium

On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 08:19:56PM +0200, Angelo Mottola wrote:
> Maybe it would be better if we split the test compiling on different
> platforms among many of us; for example, I could always test the Linux and
> QNX ports, while you could test the DOS and BeOS ones, and a third man could
> test the various Win32 versions... If we assume certain people always test
> the same ports, things can be easier on the test issue.

It makes sense, but IMHO the best point to do the testing is
after the archives are made, not before.  The process of making
the archives is automatic (time consuming, but automatic).  So
maybe we can organise it so that one person tags the CVS tree
and builds the archives, with minimal testing only (e.g. I'd
test on Linux/X only, and not try particularly hard).  Then they
have the real distribution archives, which can be uploaded but
not announced until they've been tested on all the different
platforms (this task can be shared out).  If all goes well, the
full release is made.  If there are problems, it's not too much
work to go back and make new archives since after the bug is
fixed you just have to run zipup.sh.

George

--
Random project update:
07/06/2001: Libnet 0.10.9 uploaded -- 13 months after 0.10.8!  Oops.