Re: [AD] Unicode example program

[I wrote:]
>> As I recall, the three most common languages (in order) are Mandarin,
>> English and French. And Spanish is bound to be one of the most
>> frequently encountered as well.
>
>I'm a little sceptical, even though I'm very pleased with your
>classification :-) because I'd say that Spanish is much more widely used
>than French.

I believe a lot of Western European countries' citizens also speak
French. French is probably more common in these countries than Spanish.
Also, consider Quebec, and all the French states (I forget the exact
word), whose official (if not main) language is French.

Spanish must be high up on the list, though, because of its popularity
in South America (and Spain:-)

> And I was rather talking about internationalized languages:
>Mandarin is not very common outside... Mandarinland ;-)

I agree that we don't see much of China from the outside, which is a
real shame. But they do have over a billion people...

Bye for now,
--
Laurence Withers, lwithers@xxxxxxxxxx
                http://www.lwithers.demon.co.uk/