Re: [AD] pthread timer and event processing

On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 01:33:45PM +1000, Peter Wang wrote:
> http://www.alphalink.com.au/~tjaden/dev/ptimer5.diff.gz

Cool. :)  It works for me too.

> Works For Me, but I'm not too sure about all of it (bloody threads),
> and I pretty sure I didn't follow George's intent when he wrote the
> original pthreads stuff.  Anyway, I'll leave that patch there for
> comment or for someone else to hack on.

My original intent was broken -- for some reason I designed it
around having just one thread for all background tasks, which is
stupid.  Bearing this in mind, it might be worth removing some of the
code I put in -- in particular, it's useless to be able to
register more than one function with the same bg manager.  You
don't have to use the system if you don't want to, anyway; the
benefit is that you can work on platforms without pthreads,
where you'll be called by SIGALRM, but then you have to do
special processing if you want to do this so you're better off
just using pthreads directly.

George

--
Random project update: