Re: [AD] Unicode example program

> Another possibility would be to extend Allegro's demo to show messages in
> the different languages. I could do the translations for spanish then.
> Maybe it's a lot of work for a simple demo, but it would be cool to see
> the demo texts in japanese :)

Then we'll have to hire an entire internationalization team ;-)
Translations of the message were easy to find (I borrowed them from KDE 2)
because it is that basic but if we make something more Allegro specific...

> The example works better with the following patch because it doesn't
> depend on screen resolution, and I have successfully tested it from
> 256x200 to 1152x864 (on the low res you see only half messages, but it's
> still ok).

Thanks, I applied it with a little modification and uploaded the revised
version.

> BTW, maybe you should delete the spanish message, since it just shows the
> usual 7-bit ascii characters. Replace it with something more exotic, like
> Klingon :-)

That beats all ;-) Are you not Spanish ?
I put English, French and Spanish because they are the 3 most
internationalized languages (ok, that's perhaps not totally true for French,
but I'm biased :-)

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx