Re: [AD] install_sound(), DOS port, perhaps others?

> The DOS sound driver autodetection system is well known to cause many
> problems under Windows, especially Windows 2000.
> The best solution is to edit allegro.cfg

Actually, specifically selecting the DIGI_SB or DIGI_AUDIODRIVE (I have an
ESS AudioDrive ES1869) also causes the problem...?

> Do you mean talking directly to the hardware ?

I mean sending samples directly to the hardware, rather than through the
voice functions and default mixer... of course, this would require something
along the lines of querying (and possibly allowing a function that would
attempt to set closest, and return with a return value of actual rate set) of
the actual playback rate, channels, capabilities, etc...