Re: [AD] mouse bug

> >In fact, that lines were the ones that solved the good old "mouse moves
too
> >slow" bug in the todo list =)
>
> If you need to position the mouse exactly this is really bad. Imagine
> you move the mouse 100 pixels wide (1/8th of a screen) then mouse code
> kicks in -> the mouse is moved 400 pixels wide (1/2 of the screen).
> This makes a big difference.
>

> >If you want to make your mouse move slower, you should use
> >set_mouse_speed
>
> I tried that. Then the mouse moves slower, but still jumps.
> Mouse speed can be set using the mouse driver control panel
> if needed, same holds true for mouse speed-up curve.
> The thing is that it /jumps/ it does not accelerate or move
> just faster.

Do you mean the cursor moves no matter how slow you move the mouse in blocks
of x pixels?

> Anyway, if you need to speed it up, the speed increment should
> be the same all the time (say multiplying all values with some factor)
> and not jump at a randomly chosen value-
> which might work in low res modes, but is the hell in hires modes.
I dont really get what you mean. In my computer works perfectly at all
resolutions.
(with perfectly i mean as dos programs do and as windows when in desktop
mode do)

> Imagine the crosshair of your sniper would jump 132 pixels instead of 33
> just because you moved it a bit too far). A quick turn which would
normally
> result in a 90 degree turn would result in a 360 degree turn.
>
> You must see that this cannot be the solution for the "mouse is too slow"
> bug. Which I never encountered (tested the on game on 10 machines, running
> win95,win98,winMe,winNT,win2000). It might work in a gui app, but it does
> not work if you need the mouse to aim.

If you try allegro in dos, allegro in linux, and even allegro in windows in
windowed move, you'll see
that problem will happen in all platforms as well.
I think what you are looking for is not using mouse coordinates (usually
used for GUIs imho and not for
aim systems) but getting mouse mickeys