Re: [AD] mouse bug

In fact, that lines were the ones that solved the good old "mouse moves too
slow" bug in the todo list =)

If you need to position the mouse exactly this is really bad. Imagine
you move the mouse 100 pixels wide (1/8th of a screen) then mouse code
kicks in -> the mouse is moved 400 pixels wide (1/2 of the screen).
This makes a big difference.

If you want to make your mouse move slower, you should use
set_mouse_speed

I tried that. Then the mouse moves slower, but still jumps.
Mouse speed can be set using the mouse driver control panel
if needed, same holds true for mouse speed-up curve.
The thing is that it /jumps/ it does not accelerate or move
just faster.

Anyway, if you need to speed it up, the speed increment should
be the same all the time (say multiplying all values with some factor)
and not jump at a randomly chosen value-
which might work in low res modes, but is the hell in hires modes.

so your "mouse bug" topic should really be "ex mouse bug that was cool for
my game is now fixed, please bring that bug back!" ;)

I had no mouse speed probs on all systems I tested the game on (Using
wip 3.9.3.2). The problems started when I upgraded to 3.9.3.4.

If you really need this speed hack, it should only kick in if the mouse
mode is set to (1,1)

If you're interested, the game is finished and can be downloaded via this
link: http://www.pcwerbespiele.de/downld/setup.exe (around 5MB)
If you want, I can mail you an exe linked against the latest WIP, and you
can see how your "bugfix" makes all sorts of mouse shooters working in mid/hires impossible to play.

Imagine the crosshair of your sniper would jump 132 pixels instead of 33
just because you moved it a bit too far). A quick turn which would normally
result in a 90 degree turn would result in a 360 degree turn.

You must see that this cannot be the solution for the "mouse is too slow"
bug. Which I never encountered (tested the on game on 10 machines, running win95,win98,winMe,winNT,win2000). It might work in a gui app, but it does
not work if you need the mouse to aim.

/Lenny