Re: [AD] mouse bug

> Imagine the crosshair of your sniper would jump 132 pixels instead of 33
> just because you moved it a bit too far.

Too fast. If you want precision, you must move the mouse slowly enough.

> A quick turn which would normally result in a 90 degree turn would result
> in a 360 degree turn.

Yes, that's acceleration.

First of all, if I want these effects in the game I'll implement them in
the game.
Second, if I want the mouse to move quickly around 200 pixels, and I get 800 pixel instead, that's a big difference.

Acceleration is indeed the right solution, but we can discuss the
acceleration function. We can choose it more regular (with a continuous
derivative function) than the current one.

Why not change the mouse mode from relative to absolute? This shouldn't be a problem regarding my "Inside DirectX" book. (Have no compiler avail. right now).
The scaling can be done via the set_mouse_speed() func, so this shouldn't be
a big problem, either.

/Lenny