Re: [AD] mouse bug

> Hi!
>
> I mailed some while ago due to a bug in the mouse routines (Mouse jumping
> on screen).
> I finally found the problem. Around line 420 are line like this:
> if (!wnd_windowed) {
>    if ((data > 32) || (data < -32))
>      data *= 4;
>    else if ((data > 16) || (data < -16))
>      data *= 2;
>
>    dinput_x += data;
> }
>
> Is there any reason for these lines? They have not been in WIP 3.9.3.2.
> And in my game (mouse shooter) they make it impossible to play.
> The effect may not be that big in smaller resolutions, but in 800x600
> it's really notable.

Well the main (and only) reason was to give the windows mouse driver the
same speed and acceleration as the dos one and as windows windowed one (and
IMHO, it should not be changed)

In fact, that lines were the ones that solved the good old "mouse moves too
slow" bug in the todo list =)

If you want to make your mouse move slower, you should use
set_mouse_speed

so your "mouse bug" topic should really be "ex mouse bug that was cool for
my game is now fixed, please bring that bug back!" ;)