Re: [AD] [WIN] mt timer disable option

On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 09:31:52PM +0200, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> Btw, I haven't modified the other parts of the file but I'm still for adding
> strong section naming.

I think this is more an issue of what Allegro should do
internally.  Remember that the config file routines are also
meant for user data, and I don't see a reason why user programs
shouldn't have sectionless data in the way Allegro does it now.
Consider a program that just stores a couple of entries, it
*could* put them in a section but why bother?

I've no objection to changing Allegro so that all config checks
from the library itself specify section names though, other than
the breaking of backward compatibility with old config files.
I'm not sure how much of an issue that would be.

George

--
Random project update:
06/03/2001: AllegroGL 0.0.10 released at http://allegrogl.sourceforge.net/