Re: [AD] [WIN] mt timer disable option

> I think this is more an issue of what Allegro should do
> internally.

I was primarily thinking of that.

> Consider a program that just stores a couple of entries, it
> *could* put them in a section but why bother?

Ok, then we keep the current behaviour of the NULL section and update the
docs accordingly.

> I've no objection to changing Allegro so that all config checks
> from the library itself specify section names though, other than
> the breaking of backward compatibility with old config files.
> I'm not sure how much of an issue that would be.

Especially compared with the following IMHO big drawback: you just got your
custom config file from the setup program and you're adding a pretty nice
new section to store specific datas; as you find them very important,
you put the section at the beginning of the config file.

Guess what happens next ? You spend roughly an hour trying to figure out why
Allegro doesn't understand your graphics settings any longer ! I tested.

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx