Re: [AD] Windowed drivers color conversion

> Ok, I'm going to do it.

Thanks.

> But I'm ok to add 15-bit to 24-bit and to 32-bit if you want.

Yes, please do it too!

> Yes, and I wonder if asm could bring any significant improvement here.

We'll see. Personally I think yes, but of course it would be harder to
implement... We could start with a C only version first though, then maybe
add an asm one later.

> So one backbuffer for QNX and two for BeOS and X ? Under Windows, it's one
> and half !

Errata corrige: BeOS uses 1 buffer, then it converts from it directly onto
the video RAM.

> I'm suggesting to make a more low-level API than your initial proposition:
> the BLITTER_FUNC type would match the modified type of the asm routines
and
> we would basically have a getter function like:
>
>    BLITTER_FUNC *get_color_conversion_blitter(int from_depth, int
to_depth).

> It would be responsible for selecting the right function or return NULL if
> no blitter is available.
> So we keep the backbuffer business at the driver level, which is IMHO
easier
> and safer for the time being.

Ok, this is good for me. But then we'd need a separated C file with this
function and all the C conversion functions in it; should we put this into
src/ or src/misc ? I vote for the first one.
Also, you should move update.s to src/i386 after the modifications...

--
Angelo Mottola
a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx