Re: [AD] Windowed drivers color conversion

> The Windows color conversion code is in asm, with a pure 386 version (all
> colors) and a MMX enhanced version (no 24-bit support).
> When I was planning to write the non MMX code, I made some C vs asm
> comparison tests (C routines derived from Michael's X code): on my P200
(non
> MMX), the asm code was roughly twice as fast as the C code in some cases
> (Mingw32, compiled with -O2 -mpentium).

Cool, I was thinking about adding both a C and an asm version, but it looks
like you already did it! =)
Now, can you make it to be a common API, so we can use the same code base
for all the windowed drivers? Or is it so tightly attached that this would
break the Win32 port?
Of course we'd need both asm and C versions, for non i386 platforms...

Having optimized asm routines (even with MMX support) would really benefit X
and BeOS drivers (not counting the upcoming QNX and maybe MacOS ones)!

--
Angelo Mottola
a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx