RE: [AD] 3 patches regarding unicode and buffer overfows (mostly)

> The other thing is that Annie's patch makes the selection return
> non-zero if the path was truncated (and OK'd, obviously).  I'm not
> sure that's a good thing.  Either way, there would be strange
> behaviour, but the user might be saving a file, and the truncated
> path might overwrite something.
>
> Maybe return -1 (overflow), 0 (cancel), 1 (ok)?  But people might be
> checking file_select() == TRUE (which == -1), and I definitely don't
> want `file_select' and `file_select_ex' to return different values.
> -1 (ok), 0 (cancel), 1 (overflow) is also possible, but feels
> strange to me.

the rationale was i think to keep it compatible with the previous
behavior, which led to less than desirable behavior to keep the same
interface. she certainly would be delighted to be able to alter
those to fit the new implementation ^_^

--
Lyrian