Re: [AD] About Elias' bug

> or we duplicate the code and use your method (that seems to be a little
> faster).

I've attached a patch which does that. But I'm not very pleased with it:
- it adds a large amount of code,
- some very weird things happen: in normal conversion mode, it runs 20%
slower than the current 3.9.37 CVS code on my machine, although it uses the
same code with one less test per pixel (but supposedly crunched by the loop
optimizer).

The same thing happens with the current CVS code: if I remove the test in
the CONVERT_DITHER_BLIT() macro, the code runs slower. I guess this is
somehow related to the loop optimizer, the loop code size and branch
prediction but I'm a little puzzled.

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx