Re: [AD] Demo game sound and joystick

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 03:38:33AM +0200, Javier Gonz?lez wrote:
> > The demo game doesn't *need* sound support, but it used to quit
> > if it couldn't get it.  I've changed it so that it still reports
> > the problem, but does not quit.  I also changed the joystick
> > test in the same way, though I think JOY_TYPE_AUTODETECT
> > includes JOY_TYPE_NONE anyway.
>
> talking about joysticks, it's really annoying to play the demo
> with a joystick plugged in, since the demo game dont let you calibre
> it, and when it's discalibred the startships moves all around and the GUI
> focus also moves all around. It's even more annoying when your joystick
> doesnt add a manually way to calibre it!
> maybe a calibration at first if the joystick is present could be added?

Calibration isn't meant to be necessary when you're reading the
joystick digitally -- the centre position is calibrated when you
initialise the joystick, and that's all Allegro needs for
digital access.  Maybe this is broken in your OS though?

`exjoy' doesn't support digital-only calibration, maybe it
should (i.e. ask `analog or digital' before doing the full
calibration).  Then you could test this. :)

George

--
Random project update:
09/05/2000: Libnet 0.10.8 uploaded -- a few bugfixes