Re: [AD] Demo game bug

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 10:42:24AM +1000, Peter Wang wrote:
> On 07 May 2001, George Foot <gfoot@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > However, the mac files are in mac format, having no linefeeds at
> > all, and this is causing problems in pack_fgets.
>
> And also `cvs'.  After running `fixunix.sh', "cvs update" thinks
> that all the Mac files have changed, which is a pain.  I think we
> should change the Mac source files in CVS to be in Unix format.

Ah.  I don't run `fixunix.sh' any more, after finding that it
seems to cause cvs to think *everything* has been modified -- so
it downloads everything again, just to check there are no
changes.  Apparently the timestamping part of fixunix.sh doesn't
fool it properly.  Sometimes I wish cvs worked by maintaining a
copy of the old version of the file, so that things like `cvs
diff' and `cvs commit' did not require so much network traffic.
Obviously this would need a lot more disk space, but the speed
increase would be well worth it IMHO.

George

--
Random project update: