Re: [AD] Config routines bug (2)

> According to my allegro.cfg (which may be out of date if
> people have added new config options without updating it),

I think there is somewhere in the X code a 'dga_mouse' option.

> Judging by this list, split into categories, we could have a
> [mouse] section and a [graphics] section, since those are groups of
> option.  But AFAICS your [system] and [keyboard] variables would
> only contain one variable each, and `language' wouldn't really
> fit into either.  Perhaps it would be better to have an
> [allegro] section which contains the system, keyboard, and
> language variables, and any other one-off config variables.

That seems to be a good compromise. However, I think we could find another
name for the first section: I'd rather use [system], [general], [global] or
anything else, instead of [allegro] (other options aren't Allegro options ?)

Btw, I will have to rewrite my Windows timer patch, in order to let it use
this section, so don't apply it now.

> We can split off a category when it has more than variable (but
> this would break compatibility of old and new config files).

I think we should try to freeze the format before the 4.0 version.

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx